Rescuing old PATA (3Ware) disks

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
adem0x

Rescuing old PATA (3Ware) disks

Post by adem0x » Thu May 27, 2010 6:41 am

Hi,

I have an odd problem:

I have a RAID5 of 4 PATA disks originally running on 3Ware RAID card.

The disks themselves have been rather well preserved (in a safe place away from me and the elements).

I also have the 3ware RAID card --somewhere. But, it will be a major effort to put together a computer that will work with that OLD 3ware card again.

What seems simpler to me is this: Connect those PATA disks to an PATA/IDE cable (one at a time) and get their images.

Now, my question is this: Can R-Studio somehow reconstruct a RAID from those individual images and then extract the contents?

[Or, is there some other solution that can do this?]

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Rescuing old PATA (3Ware) disks

Post by Alt » Thu May 27, 2010 4:10 pm

I see no reasons why R-Studio shouldn't be able to reconstruct that RAID.
You may have problems in remembering RAID parameters though.
At least you can try it for free: http://forum.r-tt.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=289

adem0x

Post by adem0x » Fri May 28, 2010 2:28 am

One last quick question:

Will the trial version let me save the disk images and disk analysis stuff (I don't mean the recovered files) so that if I decide to buy the full version I don't have to start from the beginning again?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri May 28, 2010 4:05 am

adem0x wrote:One last quick question:

Will the trial version let me save the disk images and disk analysis stuff (I don't mean the recovered files) so that if I decide to buy the full version I don't have to start from the beginning again?
Exactly.