finding corrupt files

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Standish

finding corrupt files

Post by Standish » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:10 pm

I just bought and tried R-Undelete and was hoping it would not copy/recover corrupt files without prompting me first. It seems that it is corrupt file "blind". Any suggestions to seek out the corrupt files I need to find so I can replace with backups? The corruption occurred over a couple months and went unnoticed. Now I'm trying to find out what is good and what is bad. I have some backups, but don't know their status compared to the working files. Thanks.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: finding corrupt files

Post by Alt » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:33 am

Actually, R-Undelete simply saves the files to recover. It cannot check them for corruption because it simply cannot know how to determined that the file is corrupted. Moreover, some corrupted files may be repaired after saving.
You may preview files manually to see if the file is worth recovering. For more details, see http://www.unformat-unerase.com/Undelet ... index.html -> Data Recovery Using R-Undelete -> Recover Lost Files from Existing Logical Disks -> Previewing Files