R-Studio for RAID 5 Recovery

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
Venne

R-Studio for RAID 5 Recovery

Post by Venne » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:35 pm

First of all, I have to say that I am impressed by what your software can achieve.
Now the problem: I have A WD Sharespace With 4*1TB disks in RAID 5
When I connect those drives to my pc and startup R-Studio, I can see that on all disks there are 4 partitions, 3 little ones and one Big one (around 980 GB)
I took the whole drives to put in a virtual RAID 5, but when I scanned for a filesystem, i received a lot of images and stuff that weren't on those disks. So i made an array with only the big partitions, who are supposed to be NTFS. When i scan those I can see some video files, but when I recover those, they skip every second from one file to the other, is that because I used wrong parameters?
(I tried following the document finding RAID parameters, but the Bios parameter block in the NTFS boot sector is totally empty)

I hope you can help me, I read alot of threads on this forum, found 1 case that resembles mine, but the solution was not given. ( http://forum.r-tt.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=407 )

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Studio for RAID 5 Recovery

Post by Alt » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:38 am

Well, from what you described, I can guess that the data is on the disks, but the RAID parameters are incorrect. This gives hope but you have to find the correct ones. Most likely, the disk order is incorrect, the rest is correct. But it's hard to say without seeing the data.

jazeejeff

Re: R-Studio for RAID 5 Recovery

Post by jazeejeff » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:55 pm

venne, what parameters did you use and how did you order your disk?