RAID

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
WALKS

RAID

Post by WALKS » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:10 pm

RAID is hard for me!
I have an Iomega 1tb drive. The controller has failed, but the 2 500Gb drives inside are fine.
I've installed them inside my MacPro, and have made sure that they show in disk utility (Although they don't, of course, show on my desktop.).
I've purchased R-Studio for Mac, but was unable to figure out how to set up a virtual RAID on the drives so that I could use the file structure already there.
I scanned the drives and attempted to recover all of the data, but, while the file formats show, I'm unable to open many (90%) of the recovered files.

I've looked at the instructions for setting up a RAID 5, and I imagine it should be much simpler with two drives.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Russ

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: RAID

Post by Alt » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:46 am

You may follow these instructions for RAID5, with one exception - you don't have to search for a data parity disk.