Recovery Disk cannot see hard drives

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
rmy

Recovery Disk cannot see hard drives

Post by rmy » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:15 pm

I am using a recovery disk from build 4402. R-Drive Image is unable to see any of the hard drives on my computer.
I have a home built computer with Gigabyte EP45-DS3L Motherboard and LSI MegaRaid SATA 150-4 raid card.
I had no problems in the past before I replaced my Motherboard. The program was able to see all disks including those on the LSI raid card.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Recovery Disk cannot see hard drives

Post by Alt » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:59 am

Most likely something with the motherboard. But not enough information.
Please, contact our techsupport with the problem. Please, include a reference to this topic.

KiRPiCH

Post by KiRPiCH » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:05 pm

I'm having similar problems, I'm evaluating r-drive image, and so far I'm liking it, however I have one computer
with SATA drives and AHCI enabled there, in RAID 0 mode. When I try to boot ISO image it just hang, I can boot
the disk on my other computers, and also if I switch my SATA controller to IDE legacy mode. Are you guys on
planning to support AHCI/RAID configs. BTW my motherboard is Intel DP35DP.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:28 am

KiRPiCH

Post by KiRPiCH » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:16 pm

Thanks Alt, I followed those direction the same thing is happening, I opened a ticket with
Intel, let's see what is going to happen. I tried the disk on the different computer and it
works. So it looks like it's this mobo in particular.
I tried restoring an image of the system disk without booting from cd-rom and that worked
fine, I got some error about program not seeing start-up disk but other then that restore
worked just fine.