mac RAID0 recovery

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
hornady

mac RAID0 recovery

Post by hornady » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi All,
I need your help desperately...well that's why i'm here...:)

I have a 6-disk RAID0 in my intel MacPro.
The RAID is software, MacOSX 10.5.6.
5 disk is in a eSATA port multiplier enclosure + 1 disk inside the MacPro = 6 HDD RAID size is 6TB.

Yesterday a friend turn on the comp without turning on the eSATA enclosure, so the other RAID slice inside the MacPro is seen as unmounted.
She thought the harddrive is a new HDD, she initialized it and then erase it into a normal Journaled HDD.

I caught her while the comp is still formatting. So no file has been written to that HDD. But it's already formatted.

I immediately bought RStudio Mac. But following documentation seem unsuccessfull to me. I have created a virtual stripe set, dragged the HDDs, tried many combinations of order, also differrent block sizes, but the scan is not succesful.

How can i determine the correct order and block size?

Can somebody help me out on this?
I attached generated system info .scn file from RStudio. I dont know how to open it, yet here it is.

Many thanks for any kind help,
hornady.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: mac RAID0 recovery

Post by Alt » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:28 am

Please contact our tech support. You may leave your phone number and they will return the call.

hornady

Re: mac RAID0 recovery

Post by hornady » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:27 pm

OK, thanks.