Recover an Acronis TIB fele from a formatted disc

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Narberth

Recover an Acronis TIB fele from a formatted disc

Post by Narberth » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:53 am

I intended to reinstall windows so i backed up all my data into a Acronis TIB file to a new Western Digital My book. I did not disconnect the drive before running the windows reinstall software and it formatted the external Western Digital My book therby losing my back up.....

Any advice on recovery would be appreciated

Thanks

Narberth

Re: Recover an Acronis TIB fele from a formatted disc

Post by Narberth » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:14 am

I have run the demo version of R Studio on the disc and it shows the fles that were contained in the Acronis TIB file. Is this because the TIB file is a disc Image and the software sees it as a disc drive?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:16 pm

The TIB file contains the data on the disk properties it backups. When R-Studio found them it decided that that was a valid partition with files.
This is a good sign. Chances are high that you will recover that TIB file successfully.

Narberth

Post by Narberth » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:09 pm

Alt wrote:The TIB file contains the data on the disk properties it backups. When R-Studio found them it decided that that was a valid partition with files.
This is a good sign. Chances are high that you will recover that TIB file successfully.
Good news but is it possible to recover as a TIB File? If so how?

Thanks for any help

Tony

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:30 pm

Sure.
Find the partition where the TIB file resides with the correct size and recover the file.

Narberth

Post by Narberth » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Alt wrote:Sure.
Find the partition where the TIB file resides with the correct size and recover the file.
Do you have any tips on how to find the correct partition. i am a novice at this and have no idea. Any insruction will be gratefully received!

Thanks again for your help.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:35 am

General tips are simple:
1. Scan the drive (http://www.unformat-unerase.com/Unforma ... index.html -> Data Recovery Using R-Studio -> Advanced Data Recovery -> Disk Scan). I recommend you to save the scan info for not scanning the disk once again if you have to interrupt data recovery.
Most likely you will find two recognized partitions (one is the current on and another is the deleted one where your TIB file resided).
2. Browse through the partitions and find the TIB file. (http://www.unformat-unerase.com/Unforma ... index.html -> Data Recovery Using R-Studio -> Basic File Recovery -> Searching for a File).
3. Recover the TIB file. (http://www.unformat-unerase.com/Unforma ... index.html -> Data Recovery Using R-Studio -> Basic File Recovery).
You may perform steps 1 and 2 with the Demo version. You need to purchase R-Studio to recover the file (step 3).

Narberth

Post by Narberth » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:44 am

I have followed the instructions and searched for the TIB file but it does not appear. I am forced to the conclusion that I have lost the file. I will avoid using the external drive as long as I can in the hope that i may be missing something. Always willing to try any thing .......

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:55 pm

I don't think so, as you said that you'd seen some files from it.
1. Did you search ALL partitions for the file?
2. Did you select Search All disk on the Look in field on the Find/Mark dialog box? Sometimes large files appear not in their original places.
If answer is Yes for all the above questions, can you post here a screenshot of the Recognized partitions?
I will look at it and then ask you to post some other screenshots to try to find the file.

Narberth

Post by Narberth » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:06 am

I have done as you suggest but I am getting an error message when I try to upload files. I will try again later
I have senty the files to your qmail address

Thanks for your help