Boot from R-Studio Agent Emergency for Mac (RBoot/PowerPC)

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Victor

Boot from R-Studio Agent Emergency for Mac (RBoot/PowerPC)

Post by Victor » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:34 pm

I have crated CD from rae_en_4_ppc.iso. I can boot my PowerMac G4 MDD 1GHz from this CD and launch R-Studio Agent. There is a minor problem - you are supposed to set resolution of your monitor to 640*480, and then - there is no problem. But i can't boot my PowerBook G4 Titanium 1GHz from this CD. I have tried to set this CD as a Startup Disc, but Mac OS X 10.4.11 doesn't alow to do this, tried to boot with key "C" pressed - there is no respond from the sysrem, tried to boot with key "Option" pressed and then to select this CD as startup disc - but BOOT ROM doesn't alow to do this. Does anybody happen to know how can i boot my PowerBook from this CD?

Thank you, AirGraph.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Boot from R-Studio Agent Emergency for Mac (RBoot/PowerPC)

Post by Alt » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:06 pm

That looks like a common problem for that device:
http://macosx.com/forums/mac-os-x-syste ... -sick.html
Unfortunately, that's all I can help.

Victor

Re: Boot from R-Studio Agent Emergency for Mac (RBoot/PowerPC)

Post by Victor » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:12 pm

No No No (c) Deep Purple :-)
I have no problem with boot my PowerBook from Mac OS X 10.4 Installer disc, and no problems with other HD, CD or DVD discs. I have consulted with certified apple engineer and we think there are any problem of incompability of this CD image and PowerBook G4 Titanium BOOT ROM version. PowerBook don't recognize this CD as bootable disc - that is a problem. May be anybody have solved this problem?

Thank you, AirGraph.