R-Drive Boot CD compatible with PERC6 or Intel SRC42U?

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
TMNS

R-Drive Boot CD compatible with PERC6 or Intel SRC42U?

Post by TMNS » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:45 pm

I see a LSI listed as supported but no particular chips listed. PERC 5 and 6 use LSI, does anyone know if the recovery CD will work?
Same for Intel controllers.

I want to purchase but this is holding me back.

Thanks!
TMNS

Micropter

Re: R-Drive Boot CD compatible with PERC6 or Intel SRC42U?

Post by Micropter » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:17 am

If im not misstaken, the LSI module support built into the linux kernel supports all LSI Megaraid products, wether they are SCSI, Sata or SAS. I have had no issues accessing PERC6 controllers with most linux based bootcds, i dont have a SRC42U handy to test with at the moment.

To be on the "safe" side, i would suggest you simply download the trial and create a Rescue CD, boot your hardware from it to verify access to your controllers. The LSI controllers are very mainstream and i doubt they would not be supported but i cant guarantee. If you dont have time to test, i can atleast verify the PERC6 within a few days.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:20 am

The best way is to try. Install R-Drive Image in the Demo mode and create a startup disk.
You will have 15 days to test, which is enough. Then you may purchase the software, receive the registration key over e-mail, enter it, and your already installed R-Drive Image will have no Demo limitations.
The download page: http://www.drive-image.com/Drive_Image_Download.shtml
See the R-Drive Image trial bootable version limitations on this page.

usuee

Post by usuee » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:18 pm

Did you ever find out if this works? I have a Perc 5 controller on three of the servers I am looking to backup. I cannot experiment on the boxes. They are running software that required a hired consultant three days to configure and if I mess it up I will be in big trouble. The software is running on DELL powerEdge servers with Perc5 RAID controllers.

Has anyone tested and can confirm or ddeny that this will work.