some basic RData Backup questions

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
vkimura

some basic RData Backup questions

Post by vkimura » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:55 am

Hi,

I was looking at purchasing the RData Backup software but just had some questions:

1) Will the RData Backup program mirror DVDs to DVDs as well? I want to backup my expensive programs.

2) Will the software mirror from DVD to the hard drive and, if so, will I be able to then run the program from the hard drive?

2) If I wanted to mirror my boot drive to another hard drive that is larger how does it handle repartitioning? Can I repartition the larger, new hard drive later via, say, Windows (using Vista now) partitioning admin program that comes with Windows?

Thanks,
vkimura

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: some basic RData Backup questions

Post by Alt » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:48 am

R-Drive Image is a program that works with hard drives. Therefore:
1. No. R-Drive Image isn't a CD/DVD cloning program. But any disc burning software bundled with a cd/dvd burner can do that. Even those that built into Windows.
2. I'm not sure i quite understand you. If you want to copy files from a DVD disc to a hard disk, you can do it easily using standard Windows explorer. Most program will work after that.
3. Yes, you can. Read more about disk copy in R-Drive Image help, To copy data from an entire hard drive to another hard drive: in #3.
You can then create/delete partitions in Windows Disk manager in its usual way. You need to use third-party partition manager software if you want to resize/rearrange existing partitions, as Windows has no such built-in software.