Drobo Recovery

Discussions on using the professional data recovery program R-STUDIO for RAID re-construction, NAS recovery, and recovery of various disk and volume managers: Windows storage spaces, Apple volumes, and Linux Logical Volume Manager.
idleworm

Drobo Recovery

Post by idleworm » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:37 am

I'm having some issues with my Drobo. It's flashing green/orange and data access to the Drobo unit is non existent. Anyone who have successfully recovered data from a Drobo before?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Drobo Recovery

Post by Alt » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:05 am

What is the file system the Drobo box was formatted?

idleworm

Post by idleworm » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:01 am

Alt wrote:What is the file system the Drobo box was formatted?
NTFS

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:18 am

That's good. And how many disks are in it, and what are their sizes? All that information is necessary to understand how easy would be to recover your data.
If the answers are 3 and they are of the same size, most likely, it's a RAID 5. You need to take the disks out of the Drobo box, connect them to a PC, and then follow steps described in two articles: RAID Recovery Presentation and Finding RAID parameters.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:49 am

Alt wrote:That's good. And how many disks are in it, and what are their sizes? All that information is necessary to understand how easy would be to recover your data.
If the answers are 3 and they are of the same size, most likely, it's a RAID 5. You need to take the disks out of the Drobo box, connect them to a PC, and then follow steps described in two articles: RAID Recovery Presentation and Finding RAID parameters.
I have 4 HDD. Three 1TB HDD and one 2TB HDD. I dun think Drobo is running purely on RAID 5. More like a combination of RAID 0 and RAID 5

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:31 pm

Well, there'll be problems in finding which disk belongs to which RAID. I'd start with finding boot records on the disks.

Post by Guest » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:34 am

Hi,

Were you able to set the parameters correctly to recover the Drobo?

Regards,
Ricardo (ric2040@hotmail.com)

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:38 am

We're working on that.