Improve recovery results of jpegs from a flash drive?

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
___

Improve recovery results of jpegs from a flash drive?

Post by ___ » Tue May 12, 2009 9:50 am

I have r-studio 4.2, have been using rstudio for years.

I am trying to recover jpegs from a corsair 4 gig USB flash drive with fat32 file system. The drive was full when everything was deleted with a shift-delete. This drive, which was supposed to contain only backups of pictures, was later found to contain some originals. Trying to recover them.

Recovery is proving to be more difficult than expected. Scans of the drive show 5 gigs of data and reveal the names of many pictures but all are corrupted after recovery. A jpeg salvaging program shows me the contents of the corrupted pictures but anywhere from 10-90% of the salvageable pictures is gone (imagine taking a paper photo and cutting off the bottom half).

Rstudio shows crosslinked files, etc.

Is there anything else I can do to improve my results? I have basically done a scan and then recovered the results from the green partition. I then let the jpeg repair software run its course on the recovered files to salvage data into readable jpegs.

Much Appreciated.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Improve recovery results of jpegs from a flash drive?

Post by Alt » Wed May 13, 2009 5:40 am

Try R-Studio 4.6.
You may try it before buying. Download the studio and run it in the demo mode. Scan the disk once again and enable search for known file types. If file preview shows correct pictures, just buy the program and recover files.
I recommend you:
1. Save the setup files for your previous version, if you are not satisfied with R-Studio 4.6.
2. Save scan info.