Installing R-TT on usb stick

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
george

Installing R-TT on usb stick

Post by george » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi,

The problem is: I have only one partition, and one hard drive. And I do not know anybody, where I could bring my hard drive and connect it to his PC.

Can I install your application on my USB stick?

Thank you for the reply.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Installing R-TT on usb stick

Post by Alt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:00 am

R-Drive Image can be installed on a USB stick and run from it.

george

Post by george » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:18 am

Thank you for the reply Alt.

But I want to get back one file that I deleted from the Recycle bin, 4 days ago.
So I guess I need R-studio, not R-Drive Image?
Can I install R-studio on a usb stick?

Is it even possible to get back that file from Recycle Bin, regarding the fact that it was on the C: (system partition, my hard has only one partition) ?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:24 am

Sorry, I meant R-Undelete. Really, that was my momentary lapse of reason. R-Undelete can be installed on a usb stick and run from it. Moreover, this is an article "So, what do you have to do to get deleted files back?" describing how to use R-Undelete to recover files that have been removed from the Trash Bin.

Only R-Studio Technician, which is very expensive, can be installed on a removable device.

george

Post by george » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:06 am

Thank you for the reply Alt

I want to take an in depth scan, as the basic one was not successful. But it seems you have small problem with your Undelete application: Windwos Movie Maker Project files (.mswmm) can not be chosen from the Known file types.
I searched everywhere, in Other files, Multimedia Audio, Multimedia Video, and I can not find it!!!

And my Windows Movie maker is still installed on my PC.
I can not believe you do not have this extension !!!

george

Post by george » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:09 am

Ok I used the demo version of your R-Undelete, and after 4 hours of deep scan it found my files.
But only in .lnk extensions !!! Why is that? For example the file that I am looking for is: Untitled.mswmm
But R-Undelete found Untitled.mswmm.lnk. That .lnk file is no use to me.

What should I do???

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:54 am

Most likely, Windows deleted the info about the original files from its file tables. That happens quite often withe the files deleted from Recycle Bin. I'm not sure R-Undelete can help you in this case.

george

Post by george » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:25 am

Thank you for the reply Alt.

And what about the "R-Studio"? Do you think it will be more successful than R-Undelete?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:37 am

It's possible to add your own file types in In R-Studio. Tomorrow I'll see through some movie maker files to see if it's possible to write a description file for them and post the results on here.

george

Post by george » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Ok, thank you Alt.

Now I experienced a different problem.
I tried running the R-Undelete on different Pc, and after the scan process is finished I wanted to see the results, but the "loading bar" just stops when it hits the top. And it stays in that position:

"Time elapsed 2m 34s, remaining less than 1 minute"

And this screens stays like this for hours, nothing happened. I had to close the R-Undelete with the "CTRL+ALT+DEL".

Any suggestions why the R-Undelete got blocked?