Backup/Restore of MBR and EBR in R-Drive Image

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
mmff

Backup/Restore of MBR and EBR in R-Drive Image

Post by mmff » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:26 am

Congratulations for your great product "R-Drive Image".
I think that a useful improvement would be adding the feature of saving/restoring MBR and EBRs for all the primary/extended/logical partitions of a physical hard disk, especially from the "Startup disks".
In this way, "R-Drive Image" would allow not only to backup/restore the content of the HD partitions but even the partitioning structure of the entire HD, in case MBR or EBR get damaged.
I hope that this suggestion could be taken into account for the next development of the product.
Thanks for your kind attention. Bye
mm.ff

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Backup/Restore of MBR and EBR in R-Drive Image

Post by Alt » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:34 am

Actually, R-Drive Image does save them when you create an image of the entire hard drive. Do you mean to store them in a such way that MBR/EBR can be restored without restoring the rest of data in the image?

mmff

Re: Backup/Restore of MBR and EBR in R-Drive Image

Post by mmff » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:31 am

Exactly.
I saw this feature in other products (for example Norton Ghost, Boot-US, etc.), in which you have the chance to save/restore only MBR and EBRs of an HD, just in case the content of the partitions is good but the MBR/EBRs are damaged (for example by a virus).
Thanks. Bye
mm.ff