Restoring to iscsi device

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
constal

Restoring to iscsi device

Post by constal » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:06 pm

Should it be possible to restore an image of a windows dynamic/spanning disk to an iscsi target?

I notice the FAQ at http://www.r-tt.com/Drive_Imaging_Backup_FAQ.shtml#q4 says that you can only restore to local drives, but my understanding is that in this context an iscsi-attached drive is considered local.

However when I attempt it, I get the message 'Unable to copy source HDD to destination one using all possible copy methods'

constal

Re: Restoring to iscsi device

Post by constal » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:07 pm

I tried to attach a screenshot of the drive layout and error, but got the error 'Could not upload attachment to ./files/3278_c958a8f559114309b5e6a78988dedc19'

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:17 am

Sorry for the long delay with the answer.
The startup version of R-Drive Image doesn't support iscsi.
The windows version should work with such disk. If it doesn't, please, make a system dump (About ->System dump) with the iscsi disk connected and contact our techsupport.

constal

Post by constal » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi Alt, thanks for the reply

Yep it was the windows version - thanks, I'll give it a few more tries then get a dump if it keeps refusing to work.
The image I'm working with is 6TB so it takes a looooong time between attempts - I didn't want to waste any more time trying if an iscsi drive wasn't supported.