R-Studio NTFS 64bit uses up memory

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
PixelSlave

R-Studio NTFS 64bit uses up memory

Post by PixelSlave » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:13 pm

I am running R-Studio NTFS 5.4.134120 64bit. I can scan my drive (1TB) without any problem. However, when I right clicked a drive to open and check out the recognized files, R-Studio used up almost all my available memory. I have 8GB of RAM, and R-Studio used up about 6.5GB while it only managed to open about 60% of the files. It brought my computer to turtle like speed. What can I do to stop it from using up all my physical memory?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: R-Studio NTFS 64bit uses up memory

Post by Alt » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:40 am

There might be some problems in the file system that make R-Studio memory-hungry. Please, contact our techsupport with this problem. They'll help you to solve it.

Yogui

Post by Yogui » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:45 pm

Hi,
I got a similar problem with a 1TB, scanned ok but file preview has a memory issue.
Memory usage seems to freeze at 4GB, and 99% of the files preview process.
Even if there is some memory available (total 6GB) and a 30GB page file (I don’t see HDD activity).
Win7 x64 Ultimate with R-studio x64
May it be something preventing memory usage over 4GB? Like a Windows setting or Norton Internet Security etc?
Is there a FAQ about how to deal with memory issues or reduce memory usage by scan settings?
Thanks,

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:23 am

Most likely this is not a memory issue, it's something on the disk that makes R-Studio freeze. Please, contact our techsupport with this issue, they'll help you to resolve the issue.

Yogui

Post by Yogui » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:35 pm

Funny thing that this is a "test" on a drive that I don't need to recover anything from.
The drive in working fine.
The 2 by 3TB (with around 2TB of data each) drives I need to recover still un-touch/un-plugged until I become confortable with r-studio and get spare drives to image and recover to.
I rather get support when working with them, unless you think still a good idea to check it anyway, please let me know.
I'm now running a "Recover All" on one of the partition objects in the drive, got a question:
The "Extra search for Known File Types" Scan and later recovery of "Extra found files"
will give duplicates, if they are also recognized in an other partition?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:16 am

Yogui wrote: I'm now running a "Recover All" on one of the partition objects in the drive, got a question:
The "Extra search for Known File Types" Scan and later recovery of "Extra found files"
will give duplicates, if they are also recognized in an other partition?
If R-Studio finds the files of the same size and type at the same place in the file system and Known File Types, it shows one file in the file system and doesn't show it in Extra found files. If there are differences, files may appear in both the file system and Extra found files. Also, there are two types of Extra found files, one is among recognized partitions where there are files found using scan for known file types, the other is an Extra found files folder among a file system. R-Studio places there files/folders that are found in the file system records but without their parent folders.