Delete to Recycling Bin

A place to discuss data and privacy protection, file and disk wipe, computer cleaning, and removing traces of user activity with R-Wipe & Clean.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Wipe & Clean and R-Crypto software
greyowl

Delete to Recycling Bin

Post by greyowl » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:25 pm

I am wondering if it is possible to set R-Wipe&Clean so that when it clears files they go to the recycling bin.
This would be an added safeguard if you found you made a mistake and wanted to retrieve them.
If this option is not available, please consider it for future upgrades.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Delete to Recycling Bin

Post by Alt » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:54 pm

Frankly, I don't quite clear understand what you mean.
If you want to wipe files in the Recycle Bin, you may include it in the wiping and cleaning task. Or you may wipe the files from Windows explorer. But the files will gone for good. If you want not to wipe those files, you may exclude it from the wiping and cleaning task. But the files will be accessible in Recycle Bin.

greyowl

Post by greyowl » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:49 pm

Thanks for the information and sorry for the confusion.

I am referring to when you clear thing from your computer with R-Wipe & Clean, such as temp files, cookies, etc. Instead of them being deleted or wiped, I am wanting them to be moved to the Recycling Bin. Then, I would leave them there for a while to see if everything continued to work Ok and then later permanently delete them from the Recycling Bin.

This could be an added safety measure.

Does this make sense?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:10 am

Well, here you have a point. But most likely that will be too confusing for a regualr user.

greyowl

Post by greyowl » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:49 am

Thanks for the perspective.

Maybe, this could be added as an advanced option. I use another app called ClearProg which has this as an option which is simply set in the main options panel. With R-Wipe & Clean, you could have 3 options instead of 2, ie "Move to Recycling Bin", "Delete", and "Wipe".

Could this suggestion be passed on to the development team to consider?

Thanks

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:18 pm

Actually, you can do some things right now. For example, you may preserve cookies from certain sites. Go to Internet -> Cookies, and move the necessary cookies to Favorites.
You may see cookie's content by clicking it.

greyowl

Post by greyowl » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:40 pm

Thanks for the information which is quite helpful.