Physical bad sectors R-Studio dont remember

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
matthias

Physical bad sectors R-Studio dont remember

Post by matthias » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:39 am

If the hard drive have physical bad sectors it need by SATA1 10 seconds for a sector. When 10000 sectors are destroyed, it will need 28h to go over the bad area. This is a little bit to long, and if the whole 160GB hard drive have 100% destroyed sectors, the program need 100 years for detecting this.

To make the recovery from HDDs with physical bad sectors faster the program should create a map with physical bad sectors and then every time jumping with fast speed over the bad sectors.

Furthermore it should be possible to jump faster over a physical bad sector. If i set "1 attempts" then need it 10 seconds for moving over a 512 bytes sector!! Thats really poor and my own crashed hard drive have a area of ca 10000 physical bad sectors. This mean i have to scan longer than a day. At time i create a image and it will need 2 days because of compression.....

The image i need therefore because the R-Studio is not able to remember the physical bad sectors. While recovery it forget all bad sectors and try again to read from them. Then it need again 10 seconds per 512 bytes..... Thats a horrible thing.

Suggestion: Please create a R-Studio which is able to jump faster over physical bad sectors, and which create a map of all physical bad sectors to read in future never from them. Its really a bad thing, that in log file is written a physical bad sector and while recovery the R-Studio trying again to read from the already recognized physical bad sector! This cause that the recovery need double time. This physical bad sectors cant be read in future - its impossible, the program should know it and not try again to read from them.

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Physical bad sectors R-Studio dont remember

Post by Alt » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:00 am

Yes, this is a good idea, and we're already working on it.
Thank you for the post!

mavera2

Post by mavera2 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:22 am

is there any development about this issue?
best regards

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 am

It's in our priority list, and will be implemented soon.