NTFS Emergency maps network drive in GUI, not TUI

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
guyr
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:18 pm

NTFS Emergency maps network drive in GUI, not TUI

Post by guyr » Wed May 26, 2010 3:17 pm

New user here. Let me start by saying that R-Studio was able to recover data from my badly damaged NTFS partition when a dozen others couldn't; most everything else I tried simply hung when booting up. So my thanks for a great tool that actually works.

This issue is a nit that is easily worked around. I'm booting up from a flash drive containing R-Studio NTFS Emergency. Today when I wasn't looking, it booted up in default TUI mode. When I tried to map a network drive, it told me that this operation was not allowed, but was only present in the full R-Studio product. I knew that wasn't true from previous experience.

So I rebooted into GUI mode and was able to map a network drive. Looks like some functionality is missing from the TUI interface. I downloaded the latest available of R-Studio Emergency GUI Startup Media Creator for Windows users, 5.1 build 455.

I also encountered an error when I asked the Media Creator to install directly onto the flash drive:

[Exception information]
Exception Code: 0xc0000094 (Integer divide by zero)
Exception Address: 0x0044a0fb
[Thread context information, TID=3256]
Stack Base=052c0000 Stack Limit=05279000
[Registers]
EAX=00000000 EBX=03a08ee8 ECX=00000000 EDX=00000000 ESI=036e1488 EDI=00000000
EIP=0044a0fb ESP=052bdfd8 EBP=036ede48 EFlags=00010246
CS=0000001b SS=00000023 DS=00000023 ES=00000023 FS=0000003b GS=00000000
[Bytes at CS:EIP]

I was able to tell it to generate an ISO, then I used unetbootin to load the ISO onto the flash drive.

Thanks.

Alt
Site Moderator
Posts: 2271
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:13 pm
Contact:

Re: NTFS Emergency maps network drive in GUI, not TUI

Post by Alt » Wed May 26, 2010 4:29 pm

guyr wrote: This issue is a nit that is easily worked around. I'm booting up from a flash drive containing R-Studio NTFS Emergency. Today when I wasn't looking, it booted up in default TUI mode. When I tried to map a network drive, it told me that this operation was not allowed, but was only present in the full R-Studio product. I knew that wasn't true from previous experience.

So I rebooted into GUI mode and was able to map a network drive. Looks like some functionality is missing from the TUI interface. I downloaded the latest available of R-Studio Emergency GUI Startup Media Creator for Windows users, 5.1 build 455.
Most likely you just forgot to register R-Studio. The unregistered R-Studio works in the Demo mode unable to map network drives.
guyr wrote: I also encountered an error when I asked the Media Creator to install directly onto the flash drive:

[Exception information]
Exception Code: 0xc0000094 (Integer divide by zero)
Exception Address: 0x0044a0fb
[Thread context information, TID=3256]
Stack Base=052c0000 Stack Limit=05279000
[Registers]
EAX=00000000 EBX=03a08ee8 ECX=00000000 EDX=00000000 ESI=036e1488 EDI=00000000
EIP=0044a0fb ESP=052bdfd8 EBP=036ede48 EFlags=00010246
CS=0000001b SS=00000023 DS=00000023 ES=00000023 FS=0000003b GS=00000000
[Bytes at CS:EIP]

I was able to tell it to generate an ISO, then I used unetbootin to load the ISO onto the flash drive.

Thanks.
Although you've eventually overcome the problem, still please report it to our techsupport. We'll fix the problem and others will not encounter it.
Ant thank you for your good words about R-Studio

guyr
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 2:18 pm

Re: NTFS Emergency maps network drive in GUI, not TUI

Post by guyr » Thu May 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Actually, the GUI version can access remote network shares even in demo mode. Even after I activated the emergency app, the TUI version could still not map the remote share, but the GUI version could. Note that when I say the TUI version, I'm not referring to the TUI download. Rather, I put the GUI download on the flash drive. When it booted, I told it to start in text mode rather than GUI mode.

I will rerun the Media Creator and capture the full output of the error. I'll report that to Tech Support.

Thanks for your reply.

Alt
Site Moderator
Posts: 2271
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:13 pm
Contact:

Re: NTFS Emergency maps network drive in GUI, not TUI

Post by Alt » Thu May 27, 2010 4:15 pm

guyr wrote:Actually, the GUI version can access remote network shares even in demo mode. Even after I activated the emergency app, the TUI version could still not map the remote share, but the GUI version could. Note that when I say the TUI version, I'm not referring to the TUI download. Rather, I put the GUI download on the flash drive. When it booted, I told it to start in text mode rather than GUI mode.
Yeah, I understand that. We'll check what that's all about.
guyr wrote:I will rerun the Media Creator and capture the full output of the error. I'll report that to Tech Support.
Thank you.

Post Reply