A new version of R-Studio for Linux is available for download.
+ Improved emergency startup for UEFI computers.
+ An advanced algorithm for raw file recovery (search for file signatures).
+ The Hex editor extension: A file location is shown in a particular disk sector.
+ Support for Directory Junctions and Symbolic Links.
* Support for storage spaces in windows 10 RTM
* Improved support for NTFS $LogFile
* Improved file recovery from FAT32 disks
* The log data can now be appended to an existing file.
* Now R-Studio shows extra files found by their file signature both in the Raw Files folder and in recognized partitions.
* The file recovery algorithm has been optimized.
* When enumerating files on a FAT partition, R-Studio detects deleted files which cannot be correctly located due to corruptions in file systems made by Windows when it deletes a large number of files. In this case R-Studio throws a warning asking the user to scan the disk to locate those files correctly.
* Improved support for BIOS RAID in R-Studio Emergency and R-Studio Agent Emergency
- Sometimes R-Studio recovered simlinks as separate folders with the same content. Fixed.
- R-Studio might crash when many images were open one after another. Fixed.
- The Load/Save files list command might not work when files were sorted by extension or time stamps. Fixed.
- Several cosmetic fixes for the Settings dialog box.
- Cosmetic fixes for the S.M.A.R.T. tab.
- Slow recovery of many small files (>10,000). Fixed.
- Directory Junctions weren’t showed correctly under Windows. Fixed.
- The Save File Names to File didn’t work on the extension and time sorting tabs. Fixed.
- After the Load File Names command R-Studio switched to the tab from which the file names were saved. Fixed.
- The Add to RAID menu didn’t have scrolling. Fixed.
- R-Studio might not show the overall data recovery progress. Fixed.
- R-Studio sometimes didn’t show correctly progress for some operations like partition opening, imaging. Fixed.
- When working with DDI, the information in the Status: B/C column might disappear when switching the file sorting tabs (extension, times). Fixed.
- Sometimes R-Studio showed folders deleted from the root folder in Extra Found Files rather than in the root folder. Fixed.
- RAID consistency check once stopped could not be continued. Fixed.
- When recovering Directory Junctions, R-Studio might save files to the Directory Junctions symbolic paths rather than to the recovery path. Fixed.
- The Save File Names command didn’t work from the extension and time stamps tabs. Fixed.
- R-Studio asked to save scaninfo before initial scanning an opened image or loading scan info. Fixed.
- R-Studio attached recognized partitions from an opened dsk disk image to those on the original hard drive. Fixed.
- R-Studio cut text strings in the progress window. Fixed.
- Anytime the Settings were changed R-Studio asked to re-write its log. Fixed.
- The Maximum messages in the Event Log option on the Settings/Log tab didn’t work. Fixed.
- The Apply changes immediately option could be enabled only after the second click after changing parameters on the RAID Parents tab.
- The changes buffer might work sloppy for very many changes. Fixed.
- An extra right character was saved to the file when a command Save to Hexadecimal File was performed for a selected area. Fixed.
- The Text/hexadecimal editor sometimes didn’t refresh its status bar. Fixed.
- The cursor might slightly get onto the next character. Fixed.
- Search was conducted over unchanged data if changes in the data had not been saved.
- When performing the Refresh command on the shortcut menu, R-Studio refreshed the previous DeepSpar disk. Fixed.
- R-Studio didn’t unmark files after the Clone marked file sectors command had been performed for DeepSpar disks. Fixed.
- The Clone file sectors command didn’t work when files were sorted by extension or timestamps. Fixed.
R-Studio for Linux 3.9.1831
A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
1 post • Page 1 of 1