A new version of R-Studio for Linux is available for download.
+ Data recovery speed and results are improved by using a new data analyzing and recovery kernel.
+ Support for processing of the file system journal for HFS+ and Ext3/4fs partitions. That increased a number of successfully found files.
+ Support for processing of the soft updates journal to enhance data recovery from UFS partitions.
+ Support for recovery of extended attributes for HFS+, Ext3/4fs, and UFS file systems. That improves recovery of Mac OSX Time Machine and Linux selinux ACL.
+ Support for recovery of compressed files in HFS+ file system.
+ A symlink recovery options tab is added to the Settings dialog box in the Technician version.
+ Search for Not equal string is added.
* Memory optimization for large disk scans.
* Faster Open Drive Files operation.
* Improved S.M.A.R.T. information monitoring. Different icons in the Drive View are used to show the overall HDD SMART status.
* Hard links, symbolic links, and their targets are shown using different icons.
* Scrollbars are added to the Scan Information and Parents tab.
* Improved discovery of the folder trees for deleted files on Ext3/4FS and UFS partitions.
* Created / modified / accessed time stamps on the Find/mark and Mask dialog boxes can be set separately.
* 4 digits are used for the Year field on the Find/Mark and Mask dialog boxes.
* A regular region can be turned into an exclusive one.
* An exclusive region can be of any size fitting the disk. Previously it could only be equal to the disk size.
* Some information, including drive names, file paths, names, etc., can be copied from R-Studio panels.
* Debug information can be saved not only in the fss format, but in the rdr format, too. This format includes all file system meta data, but much less in size when a compressed disk image.
* Text/hexadecimal editor: The status bar now shows the cursor offset in the decimal format, too. It can be copied directly from the status bar.
* A new forensic log file is created only when the computer configuration has been changed. The CaseName/Number/Operator info is written to the forensic log for each session.
= The Metadata file types are made invisible on the Known File Types dialog boxes. They are data on a disk rather than actual files, and have no effect on the search for known file types.
- R-Studio might crash when it tried to open a partition by file extensions or times. Fixed.
- Negative values might appear in input data fields when KB, MB, GB were changed. Fixed.
- A single byte might be pasted incorrectly through the Paste and Load From File commands. Fixed.
- Texts in the status bar might overlap. Fixed.
- Long texts in dialogs might be shown incorrectly. Fixed.
- Known File Types sets in the Settings and Disk Scan dialog boxes might be different. Fixed.
- R-Studio might crash when opening files on a disk. Fixed.
- R-Studio might crash during scan. Fixed.
- Names of several S.M.A.R.T. attributes were corrected.
- Incorrect work of the Select All and Clear All buttons on the Settings -> Known File Type tab. Fixed.
- Incorrect work of the Set as Default and Revert to Default buttons on the Scan -> Known File Type dialog box. Fixed.
- There was no inquiry about creating a new folder when it was specified in the Specify the target folder field. Fixed.
- When a large piece of data was being written to an unlocked disk in the Hexadecimal editor, the Lock Drive message appeared several times. Fixed.
- Selection disappeared when the cursor was moved in the Hexadecimal editor. Fixed.
- Selection in the Hexadecimal editor was not shown when the Select From command was activated. Fixed.
- Select, copy, and paste did not work in the Find dialog box in the Hexadecimal editor. Fixed.
- Some folders might be lost during recovery of symlinked folders. Fixed.
- The hidden attributes message might appear during Extra Found Files recovery when the Restore folder structure and Restore from root options were enabled. Fixed.
- Selected Known File Types could be changed only from the Settings tabs.
- Changes in customer's known file types were not applied immediately. Fixed.
- Region parameters were edited and created incorrectly. Fixed.
- R-Studio might start disk scan even when no file system and no known file types were selected.
- The overall progress bar was not always be shown during data recovery. Fixed.
- Dialog boxes drop their values when the value changed from KB to GB
- R-Studio might crashed when saving RAID0 and RAID1E description files. Fixed.
- R-Studio might not load customer's RAID description files. Fixed.
- Parity settings might overwrite the number of rows. Fixed.
- Many cosmetic bugs were fixed.
- Reverse Search From current position might start search from the end of file. Fixed.
- Text display and scrolling might work incorrectly. Fixed.
R-Studio for Linux 4.0 build 2427
A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
1 post • Page 1 of 1