Can R-Studio recover deleted android files?

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
bbsimenss
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:55 am

Can R-Studio recover deleted android files?

Post by bbsimenss » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:32 pm

I tested a few programs but they just didn't work. i need to recover a few photos from my Android phone. I want to know if R-Studio could do that?

Alt
Site Moderator
Posts: 2271
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Can R-Studio recover deleted android files?

Post by Alt » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:51 am

No, and no software on the market can do that without the device being rooted. On the other hand, the root procedure completely wipes off all user data on the device.
Maybe Google/NSA have their own software that can do that, but prospects are grim that they'll share it with any data recovery company, not to say about common people.

Data-Medics
Posts: 148
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:13 am
Location: Providence, RI USA
Contact:

Re: Can R-Studio recover deleted android files?

Post by Data-Medics » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Alt wrote:No, and no software on the market can do that without the device being rooted. On the other hand, the root procedure completely wipes off all user data on the device.
Maybe Google/NSA have their own software that can do that, but prospects are grim that they'll share it with any data recovery company, not to say about common people.
Many phones can be rooted without wiping the data. But, not all. Programs like Kingoroot can often do it. They have to add/modify some files, so there is the risk of overwriting deleted data before it's recovered, but it does work.

I really wish a company like R-tt would get into the mobile data recovery market. Companies like Wondershare and the likes are just aweful. No support, no documentation, tons of spammy false claims about what their junk software can do etc.

Alt
Site Moderator
Posts: 2271
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Can R-Studio recover deleted android files?

Post by Alt » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:50 pm

Data-Medics wrote: Many phones can be rooted without wiping the data. But, not all. Programs like Kingoroot can often do it. They have to add/modify some files, so there is the risk of overwriting deleted data before it's recovered, but it does work.
Well, sure I oversimplified the situation. Actually, even the same Android models with different ROM images have different results. For example, many Chinese android phones have user data encrypted in their global ROMs, and unencrypted in their mainland ROMs. After rooting, the first ROMs make user data inaccessible, whereas the second ones can give you full access to the data. And this is only one problem.
Data-Medics wrote: I really wish a company like R-tt would get into the mobile data recovery market. Companies like Wondershare and the likes are just aweful. No support, no documentation, tons of spammy false claims about what their junk software can do etc.
Right. Because of all those problems.

bbsimenss
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:55 am

Re: Can R-Studio recover deleted android files?

Post by bbsimenss » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:40 pm

Data-Medics wrote:
Alt wrote:No, and no software on the market can do that without the device being rooted. On the other hand, the root procedure completely wipes off all user data on the device.
Maybe Google/NSA have their own software that can do that, but prospects are grim that they'll share it with any data recovery company, not to say about common people.
Many phones can be rooted without wiping the data. But, not all. Programs like Kingoroot can often do it. They have to add/modify some files, so there is the risk of overwriting deleted data before it's recovered, but it does work.

I really wish a company like R-tt would get into the mobile data recovery market. Companies like Wondershare and the likes are just aweful. No support, no documentation, tons of spammy false claims about what their junk software can do etc.
It seems OK to root Android for now as I read a few posts on XDA Developer. I did a search in Google and found out it was filled by spammy products. That is why I ask in here.

shinobiyan
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: Can R-Studio recover deleted android files?

Post by shinobiyan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:56 am

Hope R-Studio support android diskimage format yaffs f2fs

Alt
Site Moderator
Posts: 2271
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:13 pm
Contact:

Re: Can R-Studio recover deleted android files?

Post by Alt » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:42 am

shinobiyan wrote:Hope R-Studio support android diskimage format yaffs f2fs
No, but if you can convert this format into a raw disk data, R-Studio can find files in it, at least by their signatures.

Post Reply