Core storage imaging not working

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
CAD

Re: Core storage imaging not working

Post by CAD » Mon May 07, 2018 10:32 am

I just tried the version that was released on 5/2 (6204) and it's still not working. I made an image and am still not able to restore it as the full drive image. The application won't let you select it.

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Tue May 08, 2018 10:11 am

I believe this bug will be fixed in the next build coming soon.

CAD

Post by CAD » Wed May 09, 2018 11:46 am

Thanks for your follow up!

The 6205 update released yesterday fixed the issue with the core storage image not being selectable. Now I can initiate a restore but the program hangs before it completes. It just sits at 93% at what looks like between two steps (right before the HFS+ recovery partition). I tried on 3 different images and it happens at the same spot every time when selecting "Copy partitions into their original places". I emailed the system dump files in and attempting a RAW sector copy now. That will take 3 hours so I won't have results on that until later.

CAD

Post by CAD » Thu May 10, 2018 9:11 am

The RAW results are interesting. It fails at 99% but OSX boots up fine. The reason for failing seems to be that R-Drive attempts to right the HFS+ recover sector twice. The picture attached shows the resulting partition structure after the RAW data copy.

CAD

Post by CAD » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:52 am

Any update on this? This should be really easy for the testing department to replicate. Core storage was an advertised feature that still isn't working.

krizlumugi

Post by krizlumugi » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:07 am

Have you taken a picture in the frame? No need to put up with it! Do not let stray birds spoil your wedding moment of glory. You will not regret it. And you can definitely erase the broken sand castles distracting from your beach body.

This software removes unwanted objects and people from your pictures - letting your digital memories be pristine as your real ones. Tedious outlining and cropping of items are a thing of the past. With this tool, objects on a monochrome background are erased in one click. For trickier placements the solution identifies rogue pixels and covers them with pixels from the surroundings giving you an image that's gorgeous yet looks completely untampered. You can try this out today to start editing photos with ease.