no shutdown when running from a batch file

Disk backup and restore, partition imaging and cloning, and drive copy using R-Drive Image.
Forum rules
Discussion on the R-Drive Image software
Scott_Willcox

no shutdown when running from a batch file

Post by Scott_Willcox » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:14 am

I have created a batch file that backups two partitions. After the second partitions is backup up, the PC is supposed to shutdown. I have achieved this by creating two scripts with the R-Drive image software and saving them. They are then consecutively called in the batch script.

Unfortunately the PC does not shutdown after the second script, although when I use the R-Drive image software and mannually run the script the computer will shutdown.

The the batch file is as follows:
"C:\Program Files\RDI\scripts\BackupC.rdi"
"C:\Program Files\RDI\scripts\BackupD.rdi"

the scripts are:
create /a /o -s="1:2" -a="<serverpath>\BackupC.arc" -c=0 -u -s-n -ms="*******" -ma="********" -mr="*****" -mx -me
create /a /o /off -s="1:3" -a="<serverpath>\BackupD.arc" -c=0 -u -s-n -ms="*****" -ma="scott@*****" -mr="*****" -mx -me

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: no shutdown when running from a batch file

Post by Alt » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:35 am

I think you can combine the commands from the two scripts into one, say, BackupCD.rdi:
create /a /o -s="1:2" -a="<serverpath>\BackupC.arc" -c=0 -u -s-n -ms="*******" -ma="********" -mr="*****" -mx -me
create /a /o /off -s="1:3" -a="<serverpath>\BackupD.arc" -c=0 -u -s-n -ms="*****" -ma="scott@*****" -mr="*****" -mx -me
and run it instead of the batch file.