A new version of R-Studio for Linux is available for download.
+ Fast search for lost partitions has been added.
+ Symbolic links may be hidden on the File Mask dialog box.
+ Symbolic links may be hidden by default on the Settings panel in the Technician version.
+ Folders, which are symbolic links to other folders (targets), can be shown as links, without showing the content of the targets. (Technician version)
+ Support for deduplication in the NTFS file system created by Windows Server 2019 has been added.
+ Support for the ReFS file system created by Windows Server 2019, including deduplication, has been added.
+ Support for the ISO9660 file system used in CDs/DVDs/ISO images has been added.
+ Support for the UStar/Tar/CPIO/Pax file systems used in tape storage devices has been added (Technician version).
+ R-Studio Emergency can now run in 64-bit mode and use all available RAM to recover large hard drives.
* Extended control over file preview has been added. Files can now be marked for recovery, recovered, etc., directly from the built-in File previewer.
* An option to recover only marked files matching the applied file mask or all marked files has been added to the Recover dialog box.
* Extended control and display of scanned and unscanned disk areas has been added.
* A special mark has been added for a folder with marked files that are hidden by the applied mask.
* The algorithm that estimates chances for successful file recovery has been improved.
* Recognition of NTFS file systems with some wiped parts has been improved.
* Recognition of fat16/32 folders with small numbers (1-2) of files has been improved.
* Recognition of ext2/3/4 partitions with block sizes <=1024 bytes has been improved.
* Folder links comparison has been added for recognized ext2/3/4 file systems to improve the recognition of very small file systems (1 group/cylinder block) and the quality of recognized partitions.
* The program now recognizes an APFS partition with an erased main files B-Tree.
* Icons have been redesigned for better resizing on HiDPI screens.
* Interface localizations have been improved.
- R-Studio parsed only the GPT partition table, even when it was invalid, when both LDM/MBR and LDM/GPT were present on the disk. Fixed.
- The Recover marked command was inactive if marked files were invisible due to the applied file mask. Fixed.
- The Copy information command copied the information from the previous file when the information of the selected file didn't exist. Fixed.
- The Expand All command for the folder tree may have frozen on partitions with large numbers of folders. Fixed.
- The number of marked files may have been displayed incorrectly when the view was changed from Real, by Extension, by Time, etc. Fixed.
- Sometimes R-Studio may have crashed during file recovery. Fixed.
- Sometimes the built-in previewer may have frozen when showing damaged files. Fixed.
- Scan time and progress may have been displayed incorrectly while scanning several regions. Fixed.
- Disk scan may have crashed or frozen during the process and an attempt to stop it. Fixed.
- The Rescan the entire disk command may have failed for an already scanned disk. Fixed.
- The Scan dialog didn't size units when it was closed and then opened again. Fixed.
A lot of symlink processing bugs have been fixed, two being worst:
- If there was a symlink to another folder in a place to store recovered files, and there was a folder in the data for recovery which name coincided with that symlink's folder, the recovered data was written to the symlink's folder. That may have resulted in complete loss of files stored in the symlink's folder. Fixed. Now R-Studio saves recovered files only within the path(s) specified for storing recovered files.
- When files were marked and then umarked in a folder that was a symlink, the files in its target were unmarked, too. Fixed.
- Disс information wasn't renewed when the CD was ejected and the Refresh command was executed. Fixed.
- R-Studio tried to access an attached CD/DVD drive during device refresh which may have resulted in temporal freeze. Fixed. Now R-Studio accesses a CD/DVD drive only when it works with it. Fixed.
- Disk size wasn't shown for a CD/DVD disc under WIndows NT. Fixed.
- R-Studio may have temporally frozen while switching between the Real, Extension, XXX Time views for partitions with many folders. Fixed.
- R-Studio treated folders with files hidden by an applied mask as empty folders and didn't show them when the Hide empty folders option is selected. Fixed.
- Empty folders may have been incorrectly recovered. Fixed.
- Mark/unmark records from file recovery lists were applied only to files visible after a file mask was applied. Fixed. Now the user is asked to apply the records to all files or only to files visible after a file mask was applied.
- R-Studio may have crashed when the Recover All Files command was started. Fixed.
- R-Studio may have frozen when a shortcut menu was invoked for an incremental image without one part. Fixed.
- The program may have frozen during the opening or scan of some images. Fixed.
- The warning that a mask was applied my have not shown on tab titles. Fixed.
- NTFS file systems with the cluster size of 64k may have been processed incorrectly. Fixed.
- Scan info for objects found during the fast scan for lost partitions may have been saved/loaded incorrectly (incorrect parent objects). Fixed.
- The colors for file selection and file name font in the folder tree were almost the same on some Linux distros. Fixed.
- Search for files with localized names may have failed if their names and search string had different cases. Fixed.
- Several internal fixes.
- Some cosmetics bugfixes.
- Hexadecimal editor may have frozen while opening a multi-volume image. Fixed.
R-Studio for Linux 4.10.4043
Announcements and other official stuff from R-tt, Inc.
Only Forum moderators can post here
Only Forum moderators can post here
1 post • Page 1 of 1
1 post • Page 1 of 1