Can R-Studio recover SDHC

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Can R-Studio recover SDHC

Post by Alt » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:27 am

The problem is that, because MTS files don't have a common pattern for their end, R-Studio finds the end of such file just before the beginning of a new one. So, quite often a lot of garbage is included into found files. That garbage has to be removed manually in a Hex editor. You may use the R-Studio's for that.
Also, such files may overlap, that's quite often their total size may well exceed the size of the host disk.

Richart

Post by Richart » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:38 am

Alt wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:34 am
pls wrote:Hi,

After 35+hr scanned, I can see many m2ts files.
However, each filse size much bigger than mts video file taken by Panasonic zs3.
For example, 1-2 min video file size is 212GB.

I think the mts format is slightly different from the one of Canon.

Please download following mts video and provide update xml files.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/movies.dpreview ... -00012.MTS

Thank you.
I think the problem is that R-Studio, under this Known File Type description file, can recognize the beginning of an mts file and not its end. It treats the beginning of the next file as the end of the previous one, which, in many cases is true and in many not. So, you'll have to edit the files in a video editing software to cut off the garbage on the file end. It may be a long job to do, but it's better than total loss of files.
Actually, R-Studio can recognize the end of a Known File Type if it exists, and I can modify the description file accordingly. But I need several files more to try to find the signature of the movie's end.
Hi Were you able to create the file ALT ?

Alt
Site Moderator

Post by Alt » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:39 am

Richart wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:38 am
Hi Were you able to create the file ALT ?
No, because there's no end signature for mts files.