I need some help in reconstructing a RAID0 from a WD Studio Edition II 2TB External HD.
What I Have:
• Legal Copy of GetDataBack’s RAID Reconstructor
• Legal Copy of R-Studio
• Legal Copy of R-Drive
• A WD 2TB Studio Edition II RAID 0 External HD
• I Can supply my license number etc if needed
The external drive initially mounted but the partition showed as RAW, I tried to image with R-Studio as it saw the EFI and HFS Partition. I got screen shots that showed the offsets of the partitions, BUT upon trying to image the external drive, or recovering the files I needed, the computer would hang or the external hard drive would lose its’ connection to the computer.
One of the drives is going bad, I cloned the bad drive and was able to get all but 2 sectors read. I tried to insert that into the external case but that didn’t work either.
It is formatted in HFS and I need the settings to enter into R-Studio and I have not been able to find the proper settings with RAID Reconstructor or with ( trial and error ) manual settings in R-Studio.
What I Have Done:
I Have done a sector by sector clone of each HD to other hard drives, I have tried every setting in R-Studio with no working results. I have spent all day trying settings in R-Studio and in RAID Reconstructor with no luck.
Settings I have noticed in R-Studio:
• 1st partition (EFI) offset is at 40 sectors
• The EFI Partition was 200 MB (409600 Sectors)
• The HFS partition offset was 200.02 MB (409640 Sectors)
• R-Studio said the main HFS partition had a 4KB (8 sector) block size
Settings I have tried in R-Studio:
- • Set a Virtual Block RAID
• Set RAID settings to:
o 2 HDs
o RAID 0
• Dragged each cloned hard drive over to the parents window
• Set the start sector of EACH hard drive to:
o Tried 0 first for each HD
o Then tried 40 for each HD
o Then tried 20 for each HD
o Then tried 409600 for each HD
o Then tried 204800 for each HD
o Then tried 204820 for each HD
Also tried the first HD at sector 0 and the other HD at sector 1 (Then reversed them)
o Then I tried each of those settings on just one drive while leaving the other at 0
• Then I tried with each of the above settings different strip sizes
• Then I tried reversing the drive order and tried all the settings again