Is it safe to stop operation and re-run it again?

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
renoBoi

Is it safe to stop operation and re-run it again?

Post by renoBoi » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:23 am

I'm currently recovering my files from my corrupted WD Elements 500G HDD. At one time, I accidentally dropped the HDD and was disconnected to the USB cable making the operation to stop. I save the info and after reattaching the HDD to my computer, I re-ran it. However, I want to stop it again because I need to restart my computer. I wanna know if it's safe to stop the current operation and re-run it again later?

Alt
Site Moderator

Re: Is it safe to stop operation and re-run it again?

Post by Alt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 am

What does that mean "safe"? If it means that the data on the disk with lost files won't be further corrupted, yes, it's safe. If it means that you can break the current operation and resume it later without loosing the results of the operation, that depends.
If you're going to stop file recovery, you'll have then manually select files that haven't been saved and recover them.
If you're going to interrupt disk scan, you can save the scan results into a file, then, after the break, load that scan information and continue scanning from the interruption point. See our help Multiple scans.