Recovering Firefox Security certificates

A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
iksu55

Recovering Firefox Security certificates

Post by iksu55 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:27 am

I had quick formatted disk for new Windows 8 installation. And I have wrongly exported personal certificate. I have played little with R-studio to create new file extension type but with no luck finding files before format. Can somebody help me create it for cert8.db key3.db and secmod.db. I don't know if I have to have additional files like cert_override.txt . And if it helps I know the path it was stored... Thanks for your answers.

3 hours later... I don't know what I did but I found deleted files... I needed only cert8.db and key3.db...

But I steal think that you could put it in to known file types. There are many people asking for the same solution. And if you do I will gladly become your affiliate(I think my next site will be about recovery :) ) and recommend it to all people asking how to do it. Thanks for the great program and amazing results it gave to me.

PS. If I couldn't recover the files I would have to travel over 2000 km to get the certificate. You saved me 600 euros. Thanks!