Sometimes during a recovery, a warning appears in R-Studio's log, saying for instance :
Code: Select all
File 06/10/2017 11:30:39 Invalid data to decompress File 06/10/2017 11:30:39 Decompression failed Recover 06/10/2017 11:30:39 Recovering file T:\Hitachi1TB vérif\Root\Windows\Prefetch\ReadyBoot\Trace1.fx failed. Can't read file to be recovered completely (801).
Sometimes the corresponding files are extracted anyway, but the timestamps are changed to the current time instead of being preserved as when the extraction is done with no error. Sometimes the corresponding files are not extracted at all. (On one particular HDD which I analysed a few months ago, most of the data could not be extracted by R-Studio, which gave thousands of similar warnings. On that occasion, GetDataBack 4.33, which is generally less efficient than R-Studio, could extract many valid files which had been skipped by R-Studio for no apparent reason. I made that analysis out of curiosity, the data on that HDD wasn't important, so I didn't further investigate the issue.)
A Google search with "R-Studio" + "invalid data to decompress" found only three hits on german forums and none of them seems to provide the slightest hint as to what this is actually about.