The files with these headers were identified :
Code: Select all
– beginning of 0537928.avi 52494646C03B5C57415649204C495354 7E2200006864726C6176696838000000 ECA20000000000000000000010010000 50400300000000000200000000000000 D0020000300100000000000000000000 00000000000000004C49535494100000 – beginning of 0537932.avi 524946466ECE8C57415649204C495354 7E2200006864726C6176696838000000 ECA20000000000000000000010010000 A7D50200000000000200000000000000 D0020000800100000000000000000000 00000000000000004C49535494100000
Code: Select all
– middle of 0537928.avi 5249464636095840415649204C495354 D82200006864726C6176696838000000 C2A20000D58603000000000010090000 D1970100000000000200000000001000 D00200002C0100000000000000000000 00000000000000004C495354DC100000 – middle of 0537932.avi 52494646D23F8240415649204C495354 C22200006864726C6176696838000000 ECA20000FBD902000000000010090000 F7160200000000000200000000001000 80020000620100000000000000000000 00000000000000004C495354DC100000
On file 0537932.avi, the second original AVI file starts at offset 1468846080.
For each one of these composite files, there's no slack space between the two valid file that they contain, meaning, file 2 starts right after the end of file 1.
 It was necessary to shrink the size enough so that it would be accepted ; apparently the limit for RAR files is ~250KB (I couldn't find any accurate information on that matter in the FAQ, which seems to be a generic one for all forums using the same template).
 It may have improved in the mean time, but I had enough issues when I updated to 8.10 that I decided to stick with 8.7 until there was significant incentive to update again.