A new version of R-Studio for Mac is available for download.
+ Fast search for lost partitions has been added.
+ Support for the ISO9660 file system used in CDs/DVDs/ISO images has been added.
+ Support for the UStar/Tar/CPIO/Pax file systems used in tape storage devices has been added (Technician version).
+ Symbolic links may be hidden on the File Mask dialog box.
+ Symbolic links may be hidden by default on the Settings panel in the Technician version.
* R-Studio warns that a non-default port is selected for remote connection to R-Studio Agent.
* Extended control over file preview has been added. Files can now be marked for recovery, recovered, etc., directly from the built-in File previewer.
* Extended control and display of scanned and unscanned disk areas has been added.
* A special mark has been added for a folder with marked files that are hidden by the applied mask.
* A complete overhaul of symbolic and other links processing has been made.
* An option to recover only marked files matching the applied file mask or all marked files has been added to the Recover dialog box.
* The algorithm that estimates chances for successful file recovery has been improved.
* Interface localizations have been improved.
- R-Studio may have sometimes failed to find NTFS partitions without boot records. Fixed.
- File previewer didn't correctly display filenames with right to left scripts. Fixed.
- Sometimes it was hard to distinguish between font and highlight colors. Fixed.
- R-Studio treated folders with files hidden by an applied mask as empty folders and didn't show them when the Hide empty folders option is selected. Fixed.
- Empty folders may have been incorrectly recovered. Fixed.
- Mark/unmark records from file recovery lists were applied only to files visible after a file mask was applied. Fixed. Now the user is asked to apply the records to all files or only to files visible after a file mask was applied.
- R-Studio may have crashed when the Recover All Files command was started. Fixed.
- R-Studio may have frozen when a shortcut menu was invoked for an incremental image without one part. Fixed.
- R-Studio parsed only the GPT partition table, even when it was invalid, when both LDM/MBR and LDM/GPT were present on the disk. Fixed.
- The Recover marked command was inactive if marked files were invisible due to the applied file mask. Fixed.
- The Copy information command copied the information from the previous file when the information of the selected file didn't exist. Fixed.
- The Expand All command for the folder tree may have frozen on partitions with large numbers of folders. Fixed.
- The number of marked files may have been displayed incorrectly when the view was changed from Real, by Extension, by Time, etc. Fixed.
- Sometimes R-Studio may have crashed during file recovery. Fixed.
- Sometimes the built-in previewer may have frozen when showing damaged files. Fixed.
- Scan time and progress may have been displayed incorrectly while scanning several regions. Fixed.
- Disk scan may have crashed or frozen during the process and an attempt to stop it. Fixed.
- The Rescan the entire disk command may have failed for an already scanned disk. Fixed.
- The Scan dialog didn't size units when it was closed and then opened again. Fixed.
A lot of symlink processing bugs have been fixed, two being worst:
- If there was a symlink to another folder in a place to store recovered files, and there was a folder in the data for recovery which name coincided with that symlink's folder, the recovered data was written to the symlink's folder. That may have resulted in complete loss of files stored in the symlink's folder. Fixed. Now R-Studio saves recovered files only within the path(s) specified for storing recovered files.
- When files were marked and then umarked in a folder that was a symlink, the files in its target were unmarked, too. Fixed.
- Disс information wasn't renewed when the CD was ejected and the Refresh command was executed. Fixed.
- R-Studio tried to access an attached CD/DVD drive during device refresh which may have resulted in temporal freeze. Fixed. Now R-Studio accesses a CD/DVD drive only when it works with it. Fixed.
- R-Studio may have temporally frozen while switching between the Real, Extension, XXX Time views for partitions with many folders. Fixed.
- Many internal bugfixes to improve program's efficiency.
- Some cosmetics bugfixes.
- Hexadecimal editor may have frozen while opening a multi-volume image. Fixed.
R-Studio for Mac 6.6.6017
A forum on data recovery using the professional data recovery software R-STUDIO.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
1 post • Page 1 of 1